When it comes to flirting, a good flirting line or pick-up line is like a favorite pair of jeans or shoes. You want to use them all the time. And why not? If they work, great. If they don’t, it’s time to try a new line.
Flirting lines are used as a way to approach someone and make that introduction. They are a way to break the ice. Flirting lines are suppose to give a person, from just a few words, enough hints and clues about yourself for them to determine if they might be interested in you.
If used properly, flirting lines can catch a person’s attention right off the bat. But it also takes a lot of guts to walk right up to a person and use a flirting line. Not everyone can do it.
Why? Because you never know how that person will respond. What if you use a bad line? What if you get nervous and screw up the delivery?
You run the risk of getting shot down regardless and limping back to your corner to lick your wounds. So what lines work? Let’s check out some of the more popular.
Some Good Flirting Lines for Guys
When you think of flirting lines and pick-up lines, you think of some guy walking up to some unsuspecting girl and delivering his best seductive coup de grace. Guys are usually known for their flirting lines. It’s just part of a guy’s social arsenal and if they walk into a club or a party, they want to be armed.
And they should be. When it comes to shooting a guy down based on their flirting lines, women are sharp-shooters. Most guys have honed their flirting lines down to an art form. They use what works best.
But what if a guy hasn’t had that much experience with flirting and delivering flirting lines? Here are some of the best tried and true flirting lines a guy can use.
- Have you always been this cute or did you have to work at it?
- Do you want to talk or continue flirting from a distance?
- Can I buy you a drink or do you just want the money?
- Sorry, I thought you were someone else but it turns out you’re better looking.
- The first time I saw you, I felt we had this connection.
- Hi, my name is (Blank). How do you like me so far?
- Hi, do you see my friend over there? He wants to know if you think I am cute.
- Do you believe in love at first sight or do I need to walk by again?
- My friends over there bet me that I couldn’t start up a conversation with the most beautiful woman in the place. Can I buy you a drink using their money?
- Hi, my name is (Blank). Can I buy you a drink? (Yes, this does work).
Some Good Flirting Lines for Women
It is a cliché that guys deliver most of the flirting lines but in this modern day and age, women are taking the initiative more and more. You can’t blame them. There is only so much standing around you can do while you wait for that cute guy to make his move.
Also, most guys like a woman who is aggressive enough to make the first approach. But looking good isn’t always enough (although with guys, it usually is). Sometimes a woman needs an opening line to break the ice. Here are a few of the more playful flirting lines that might help for women.
- I want you more than a popsicle on a hot summer day.
- Can I sit with you so I won’t get hit on?
- Did the sun just come out or did you just smile at me?
- See my friend over there? She likes you but I am a little greedy.
- Which one of you guys is buying me drinks tonight?
- (Pretend to lose something and get a cute guy to help you look for it).
- Didn’t I see you in GQ?
- Hey, did you see the game last night?
- I am doing a survey on whether guys eat breath mints. Can I test your breath?
- Hi, my name is (Blank). I go tired of waiting for you to walk over and talk to me so here I am.
Bad, Bad Pick-Up Lines
So by now you should have an idea of some good pick-up lines to use. But for every good pick-up line, there are dozens of bad ones. They are cheesy, creepy, or just plain insulting. You would think people would know not to use them yet day after day these cringing zingers get thrown around like ticker tape at a parade.
Here are a few samples of lines you should never use if you want a snowball’s chance in hell of getting someone’s phone number
- You’re so sweet I am getting a cavity just looking at you.
- Are you an angel? Because it must have hurt falling from heaven like that.
- Did you fart? Because you just blew me away.
- I am not a genie but rub me and I can make your dreams come true.
- I hope you know CPR because you just took my breath away.
- Excuse me. I’ve lost my phone number. Can I have yours?
- Are you from Tennessee? Because you’re the only TEN I see.
- I’d like to bag you like groceries.
- Do you have a map? Because I keep getting lost in your eyes.
- If this bar were a meat market you would be the prime rib.